GIN – FOOD – FUSION
29th November 2018
AN EVENING OF GIN TASTING, TABLE BANQUET FOOD
A NIGHT WITH GINFUSION.org
It has to be said that we just LOVE gin at The Crown. We have shelves dedicated to this amazing drink so we thought we would take it one step further and host a Gin – Food – Fusion night.
Join us and the lovely team from GinFusion.org as we take you on a taste bud extravaganza with botanical-infused gin and table banquet food pairings.
A mouth-watering night that can not be missed. Book your spot today. £21 pre-booked with a £5 deposit or £25 per person on the night.
In case you needed an excuse, here are 7 amazing facts about the benefits of drinking Gin!
1. Juniper berries are super berries. Gin is the most natural spirit as its main ingredient is, of course, juniper berries. These super berries are jam-packed with infection-fighting qualities as they are warming, stimulating and disinfecting.
2. More antioxidants = fewer wrinkles. Switch up your anti-wrinkle cream for a drink of Gin. Juniper berries are full of antioxidants and boost the regenerating cells in your body for smoother, healthier looking skin.
3. It’s a low-calorie spirit. According to Livestrong, gin is one of the least calorific spirits with 97 calories per shot. The juniper berries come into action by increasing the number of enzymes that break down your food and helping your digestion.
4. It can help you live longer. The juniper berries contain flavonoids which are great for preventing heart disease and improving your blood circulation as you get older. Only when drunk in moderation, however!
5. It can help fight kidney and liver disease. Juniper berries help stop water retention in your body, allowing you to pass more water than any other alcohol. This means that more of the harmful toxins and bacteria which you consume when you drink alcohol are flushed out your system.
6. It’s good for your bones. Gin’s makeup helps to relieve achy joints and gout, and its alcohol content coupled with the juniper berries can be an effective treatment for chronic pain and inflammations, such as arthritis.
7. It can help fight off coughs. The oils contained in juniper berries can alleviate coughs by expelling the mucus in the throat and aiding lung congestion. The great thing about gin is that it can be mixed with many different herbs and ingredients such as ginger, which will help to soothe a sore throat.